Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dragon Warrior review update

     DragonWarrrior is the longest game I have ever played I remember it now and holy crap I cant believe its taking this long just to get through it,  what the f*ck!!!!  by the end of this I will be a dragon warrior mythologist.
   Part of the problem was i had this game confused with "Dragon Quest"

These games are almost exactly the same.  I cant imagine the dismay that someone would go through buying this and dragon quest expecting two different games and then finding out that its the SAME game...40 bucks.  For a carbon copy of the same game. Dont believe me check this out. dragon quest  map:http://images.wikia.com/dragonquest/images/9/9c/DQI_Sprite_Overworld.gif and dragon warrior map:http://fatedtoend.com/sites/fatedtoend.com/files/wordpress/dw_postermap_front.jpg  Identical.  They make another story for almost the same quests and think "aww kids are dumb,  they wont even notice".  Well, guess what?    We noticed.
   Why do this to people.  re-naming a game and changing a few key names in the game does not another game make. At least tell people that its really close or put a note on the label or something.
    Dragon Warrior

 is a tough play through cause its a lot of grinding.  I'm currently stuck at the last stretch and it is tough.  monsters are challenging and the story is coming together nicely.  I won't say I have disliked the game, but I think one release of a game for one system is enough for anybody. If I had bought DragonWarrior and DragonQuest,  I would have went back to the store to trade one in for something else.
    Still it is a great rpg as far as nes goes.  The only thing I can think to compare would be Zelda.                                                
I must confess i never played the original Final Fantasy for nes but i may give it a run soon too.  See if it holds up to Dragon Warrior. But for now im going to finish Dragon warrior and I'll let you know about the overall satisfaction it did or did not give me..

No comments:

Post a Comment