Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NES FLASHBACK BRINGS YOU " THE ASTYANAX"

Greetings and welcome to my very first NES FLASHBACK.
I intend to take you back to the days when everyone wanted or owned a nintendo entertainment system.
Do you remember the first time you played super mario brothers? Or the first time you fired up silent service to take out enemy subs? Most everyone does.
Today I intend to open up a can on Astyanax.

Astyanax was a "castlevania clone" as me and my friends called it. It had a very harsh yet addictive theme going on. The translation was a little bit hard to understand. When you first come across your fairy helper(named cutie) she says simply "change bash or spell up down change up spell" . With the absence of any punctuation to aid you,  your stuck wondering just what to do. the solution was to press up for a spell power refill and down for an upgraded weapon.


I remember sitting for hours playing that game. Every level I passed was like a gift from the gaming gods back then. "Ryugoku" I remember being the first hard level I came across. he trick to beating it for me was upgrading your "bash" to the highest level as soon as possible. then its pretty easy. Every thing dies in one or two hits with the best weapon, apart from bosses of course.
               http://www.nesplay.com/play/Astyanax.html
If you haven't played The Astyanax yet,  it is a must for any nes fan( or old style castlevania lovers).
Rating 
For now I leave you with thoughts of your next gaming conquest.


 Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated

1 comment: